March 15th, 2020
Due to the COVID-19 virus, we have made the difficult decision to temporarily close our doors. We believe that if we do not participate in stopping the spread of the virus, then we are actively contributing to it.
We have no sense how long this will last. Along with the community as a whole, one of our deep concerns is the welfare of our staff. For many, Shaker Rocks is their livelihood, and for that reason, we ask that for those of you who can afford to keep your memberships in place, please do so. For those who can’t, we fully understand and support you. We will be waiving all membership freeze fees for the duration of the closure.
All bookings will be rescheduled at a later date, and we ask customers to accept credit towards future programs if they are willing and able. All of this is very disruptive to our climbing community including our staff. It will be a serious strain on the business, but everyone’s health and safety come first. In the meantime, our team will continue to maintain and improve our beautiful space. We will weather this storm and be back better than ever