Job Title: Yoga Instructor
FLSA Status: N/A – Independent Contractor
Yoga teachers lead a variety of yoga classes in Shaker Rocks’ yoga studio.
They are dependable, service-oriented team players who understand and appreciate the unique relationship between yoga and rock climbing, and they are excited to support customers in their yoga and climbing journey.
- Lead group yoga classes including but not limited to vinyasa flow, yin/relaxation/stretch, power/strength, acroyoga, and/or kids yoga
- Teach classes according to the schedule description and level
- Instruct poses effectively, paying attention to safety and risk factors appropriate to student experience levels
- Safely and effectively demonstrate a variety of physical postures and provide appropriate modifications for all experience levels
- Safely and effectively provide appropriate physical support and adjustments to students (if student wishes) in order to facilitate healthy alignment in postures
- Provide a comfortable, motivating, and positive class environment
- Set up the yoga room, greet students, and answer student questions prior to class
- Tidy up yoga room following class
- Promote classes, workshops, and upcoming Shaker Rocks events
- Help shape the Shaker Rocks community culture
- Display a conscientious work ethic with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative spirit
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification from a recognized 200-hour Yoga Teacher Training
- 1-3 years of yoga teaching experience
- Prior work or leadership experience
- Rock climbing knowledge a plus
Facility Environment and Physical Demands
- While performing the essential responsibilities of this job, the employee will be regularly required to stoop, kneel, and crouch; walk up and down stairs; walk and stand on hard and soft and even and uneven surfaces; use both hands at the same time; reach overhead with arms; grip with hands; talk, yell, and hear; use a computer; and use yoga equipment such as mats, straps, and blocks.
- The employee will regularly be required to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds, and occasionally to lift and/or carry between 25 and 100 pounds
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chalk and other airborne particles, loud noise, falling objects, and trip hazards.
This is an Independent Contractor position. Compensation may include a Shaker Rocks membership if minimum teaching requirements are met.