Job Title: Floor Staff
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
In this multi-faceted role, you will make the gym run. You will greet visitors, get people checked in, coordinate gear rental, run the point of sale system, conduct belay and equipment safety checks, assist with facility maintenance, work parties and other big events, and make the gym an all-around awesome place to be. Staff of Everything are flexible and have an all-hands-on-deck mentality, they are enthusiastic about climbing, yoga, and fitness, and want to work as part of a fun-loving dynamic team.
- Welcome visitors to the gym and answer questions
- Run front desk operations including but not limited to processing point of sale transactions, checking customers in, and selling and configuring memberships
- Coordinate hear rental and return
- Conduct belay checks and evaluate visitors’ belaying competency to certify/not certify them to belay at Shaker Rocks
- Monitor climbing areas for visitor safety
- Belay visitors during field trips, parties, and other events
- Assist with maintenance of facilities and equipment to ensure safety and cleanliness
- Help shape the Shaker Rocks community culture
- Display a conscientious work ethic with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative spirit
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of climbing experience
- Prior work or leadership experience
Facility Environment and Physical Demands
- While performing the essential responsibilities of this job, the employee will be regularly required to; sit in a harness; stoop, kneel, and crouch; walk up and down stairs; walk and stand on hard and soft and even and uneven surfaces; use both hands at the same time; reach overhead with arms; grip with hands; talk, yell, and hear; use a computer and other office equipment such as a copier; use climbing equipment including but not limited to ropes, harnesses, quickdraws, belay devices and carabiners. The employee will often be required to ascend/descend climbing walls.
- The employee will regularly be required to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds, and occasionally to lift and/or carry between 25 and 100 pounds.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chalk and other airborne particles, loud noise, falling objects, and trip hazards.
- Competitive wages
- Professional development opportunities
- Shaker Rocks membership if eligible
- Pro-shop discounts
Governor DeWine has mandated the use of face masks at all times in public. Effective 7/8 at 6:00pm.