Job Title: Event Staff
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Belay staff supports parties, special events, and other programming. They serve as belayers for visitors and assist with visitor check-in, gear rental, and visitor experience. Belay staff are friendly, enthusiastic about climbing, and excited to share their sport with others.
- Belay visitors during parties, field trips, and other programs and events
- Welcome visitors to the gym and answer questions
- Monitor climbing areas for visitor safety
- Assist with maintenance for facilities and equipment to ensure safety and cleanliness
- Help shape the Shaker Rocks community culture
- Display a conscientious work ethic with strong interpersonal skills and a collaborative spirit
- Other duties as assigned
- 1 year of climbing experience
- Prior work or leadership experience
Facility Environment and Physical Demands
- While performing the essential responsibilities of this job, the employee will be regularly required to sit in a harness; stoop, kneel, and crouch; walk up and down stairs; walk and stand on hard and soft and even and uneven surfaces; use both hands at the same time; reach overhead with arms; grip with hands; talk, yell, and hear; use a computer; use climbing equipment including but not limited to ropes, harnesses, quickdraws, belay devices and carabiners. The employee will often be required to ascend/descend climbing walls.
- The employee will regularly be required to lift and/or carry up to 25 pounds, and occasionally to lift and/or carry between 25 and 100 pounds.
- The employee will regularly be exposed to chalk and other airborne particles, loud noise, falling objects, and trip hazards.
- Professional development opportunities
- Shaker Rocks membership if eligible
- Pro shop discounts
Governor DeWine has mandated the use of face masks at all times in public. Effective 7/8 at 6:00pm.